Intended Use of Club membership;
I acknowledge and understand that the Club uses School facilities (which include, a gym as rented) that are designed for students and not adult activities and may as a result, require accommodation for use by adults. As a Club member, I will also make my own determination if the rented gym is suitable for the badminton. I understand that the First Aid Supplies as they are not provided by the Club or the School. I understand that the gym facilities are not subject to maintenance and inspection on a daily basis and I agree to consider state of the gym prior to use on every occasion and I agree to accept all of the risk associated with the use of the gym.
I attest that I will keep up to date with all current Covid-19 guidelines as laid out by Ottawa Public Health and the Provincial Government. I understand that Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB) reserves the right to enforce Covid-19 regulations in OCDSB facilities as they are deemed necessary to protect the safety of the OCDSB staff and students. Ottawa Public Health continues to strongly recommend mask use in all indoor public settings. Schools are mask friendly and respect the personal decisions of students, families and staff.
For public health guidance about masks, please visit the following links: Ottawa Public Health - Masks Ottawa Public Health - Reducing the Risks from COVID-19 There are situations when individuals are required to wear a well-fitted mask in all public settings (including school and child care).
Members should complete the COVID-19 screening prior to each session and not attend a session if instructed to do so by the screening tool. If you are returing from international travel, please consult the federal travel website for masking information and other guidelines.
I understand that there may be multiple bookings that occur in a facility in one night. OCDSB custodial staff will ensure the area is cleaned before and after Community Use permits begin and end for the evening. Rented spaces will not be cleaned in between permits.
I understand that the Club and OCDSB will not be held liable for any one affiliated with the Club that contracts COVID-19. I understand that the Club and OCDSB reserves the right to cancel or amend a session or permits at any time.
Failure to comply with any of these conditions will result in permit cancellation, the Club without reimbursement, and at no cost or liability to the Ottawa-Carleton District School for Board and may impact the approval of future permits for the Club. The OCDSB reserves the right to refuse, approve or cancel any permits issued at any time if deemed necessary for the best interest of the OCDSB. The OCDSB reserves the right to change process and update conditions as the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve. Members will be notified as soon as possible of any changes.
Other Rules and the standard OCDSB Community Use Rules and Regulations;
All youth members must be adequately supervised at all times by their parents/guardians.
Members must not arrive at the facility before the scheduled start time and must vacate the facility no later than the finish time.
Outdoor footwear and food and drinks are not permitted in gym.
Community Use of Schools (CUS) Rules & Regulations Facility & Equipment
● Participants must wear non-marking, soft-soled shoes in gymnasiums.
● Use of school equipment is limited and must be returned to its proper storage area after use and the facility must be returned to its original condition. Failure to do so will prohibit future use of equipment and school facilities.
● Tables and chairs must be requested on the permit request at the time of submission.
● User groups may be required to assist the custodial staff in set-up, take down and clean up for their event.
● Use of showers is NOT permitted.
● Permission is required for the use of microphone, audio and/or stage lighting equipment. Technician fees will apply.
● No advertising may be posted in, or circulated through, the schools without prior approval from the OCDSB.
● Ball hockey, floor hockey, or any sport involving sticks on the gym floor is prohibited.
● Members of your group are responsible for viewing the facility space to ensure the activity can safely take place. If you feel the conditions are not safe, stop your activity and advise the custodial staff immediately.
● No Open Flame – Open flames, including but not limited to incense, candles, lanterns, open flame burners
● Lighted candles and open flames of any kind pose a serious threat to OCDSB facilities and are therefore prohibited in all OCDSB facilities.
● Doors must not be propped open.
Food & Drinks: Food & Drinks are not allowed in our gym facilities.
● Aggressive behavior and coarse language will not be tolerated.
● Smoking is prohibited on all OCDSB premises.
● The permit holder is responsible to ensure none of their group’s member’s smoke on school property. Violation of this policy will result in the cancellation of permits.
● Vaping is prohibited on all OCDSB premises. The permit holder is responsible to ensure none of their group’s member’s vape on school property. Violation of this policy will result in the cancellation of permits.
● Recreational cannabis possession and/or use is not permitted on any OCDSB property. Violation of this policy will result in the cancellation of permits.
● Participants must be adequately supervised at all times and must remain in the permitted spaces only (e.g. gym). Permit holders are responsible for youth activities and must have an adult supervisor in each permitted space (including dressing rooms and change rooms) at all times while in use.
● No criticism of any religion, gender, ethno-cultural, race, language or culture shall be expressed at any meeting. No treasonable, disloyal, subversive, or seditious meetings will be permitted or such views expressed at any meeting.
● Permit holders are responsible for the conduct and supervision of all persons affiliated with their events and must ensure that OCDSB regulations are observed.
The OCDSB does not assume liability of injuries, loss or damage to persons or property.
Permit holders will in no manner pledge the credit of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board and will save it harmless against any and all claims for damages against persons or property which may be brought during or as a consequence of this agreement or the occupation arising thereunder.
The OCDSB reserves the right to take any action required if accommodation and/or facilities provided are damaged or left in unsatisfactory condition. Costs resulting from damages will be charged to the offending permit holder.
Refusal to Comply:
Refusal of permit holders to comply with the OCDSB's procedures and policies will result in the cancellation of permits at no cost or liability to the OCDSB.
● Community Users are responsible for all costs associated by the accidental triggering of an alarm or security system.
● All exits must be kept free from obstruction in case of fire. Fire routes and driveways shall not be blocked. Failure to comply may result in ticketing and/or towing.
First Aid Kits:
The organization is responsible to bring the appropriate first aid materials to assist its members in the case of injury.
AED’S (Automatic External Defibrillator) – AEDs are in every active school and administrative building. Please ensure your group is aware of the location of any AED’s to ensure quick access in the event of an emergency.
Only OCDSB custodians may adjust, modify or alter mechanical equipment such as fans, folding partition doors, basketball winches, bleachers or gym partitions and dividers. Participants will vacate the gym while the custodian ensures the divider is safely in place.
Permit holders must contact the Chief Custodian to familiarize themselves with fire routes, school equipment and emergency equipment.
Due to safety concerns please note the following:
● Nuts and nut products, shellfish and latex (e.g. balloons) are common allergens and pose a significant health risk to students and community members. Avoid bringing these materials into OCDSB facilities.
● Youth are not to be involved in handling and moving tables or any other furniture.
Older buildings within the School Board may have asbestos in some of the construction materials found within the room(s) you have booked. A complete list of asbestos containing material (ACM), if present, can be found in the Asbestos Inventory Log Book in the Chief Custodians office. As the permit holder, it is recommended that you let the users under the permit know about this advisory as well.
Greely Badminton Club 2023